Tuesday, November 8, 2011

are fantasies a relationship ruiner?


Fantasies in a relationship aren't really good, or are they?


I think it's harmful to have fantasies in a relationship and here is why:

  • It's not good for you to get hooked into someone who's unavailable, and becoming emotionally invested causes you to react differently to your significant other.
  • The fantasy makes you less emotionally available to other men/women.
  • No one can ever measure up to a fantasy, it's not real. It's like the movies, that stuff doesn't really happen, although (I could argue that it has happened to me but that's a topic coming to you, soon.) I think it's best to stay grounded in reality instead, this way you don't have unrealistic expectations or disappointment when that person doesn't deliver what you expect. 
Good, Bad, Indifferent?

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. 100%. Relationships take work and usually people don't fantasize about working.

    ReplyDelete

feedback or thoughts.